I've been working on my room for about 2 weeks now. First, I went in with the intention of making my old, non-magnetic chalkboards into magnetic, dry-erase boards. I was partially successful. The magnetic paint went on well enough--and worked. Until I put the dry-erase paint over it.
Essentially, it's a Catch-22 because the magnetic paint is a very dark gray color. The dry-erase is (obviously) white, but the more coats of paint on top of the magnetic layer makes it less effective. And because you're painting a light color on top of a darker one--you need more coats.
Long story short, I have lovely dry erase boards that are magnetic in random spots. Ah well! Still not bad for $30 bucks!
Anyway, all that to say: I've got most of the WBT Classroom elements up and ready to go! Due to my lack of wall space, I decided to use our mini-blinds for Power Pix. I have separate sections for Math and Language Arts and plan on using clothespins to clip the pix to the "wall". The Classroom Rules posters I created (see previous post) are different from the ones on the WBT site, but I think came out really well. I paid $40.00 to get them blown up at Office Depot (12 x 18). Then took them to a teacher supply store to get them laminated for $3.00 total. Check out my pictures and tell me what you think!